Thursday, August 16

Lost Girls by Robert Doherty aka Bob Mayer


I'll say straight out that I haven't read this particular book yet. That's me being honest. However, I have read BODYGUARD OF LIES by Doherty and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was very much pulled into the story to the extent that when I learned he was writing a sequel, LOST GIRLS, I knew I was going to get that one too. It hasn't hit the shelves yet (August 21) or I would have it now. I do, however, have it on order with Amazon.

I did so based on expectations that it would be at least as good as BOL. In the meantime, two people whose opinions on literary matters I really respect have since got their hands on early copies of LOST GIRLS and have reviewed it on their own blogs. To be frank, I'm stunned by their glowing reviews. I knew they would probably like the book, but they are both pretty tough critics so I really didn't expect too much hype. Well they do hype it. Which has me pretty excited and really really happy that I've already placed my order. Check out what they have to say about Robert Doherty's (aka Bob Mayer) latest book LOST GIRLS,

http://bcb-blog.blogspot.com/2007/08/book-review-lost-girls.html

http://jen-t.blogspot.com/2007/08/lost-girls-by-robert-doherty-aka-bob.html

and if you are as intrigued as I am, follow the bouncing ball to http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Girls-Robert-Doherty/dp/0765311275/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-7984986-6126517?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187296203&sr=1-1 and order your own copy.

2 comments:

JT said...

McB - thank you for putting so much trust in me. That means a lot to me.

As far as LOST GIRLS go, I was a bit stunned myself. I knew I was going to enjoy the book. Robert Doherty (aka Bob Mayer) has never disappointed me and I've read 32 of his books. Yes, yes I have. I have been a fan of his for 15 years. This particular book blew me away. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a nut for Harlan Coben and he's probably my all time favorite author. Right up there with Lee Child and David Morrell.

LOST GIRLS surpassed all of them. It is truly the best book I've read in a very long time.

The Merry said...

I think the best inducement to get someone to read Lost Girls is to hand them a copy of Bodyguard of Lies.

I /finally/ got to this one on my TBR list, and read it in a day. Very fast pace, and with surprises both in plot and in character growth. Nicely done.